[Candrama] Intonations CFP for dissemination

Intonations intonats at ualberta.ca
Tue Feb 4 17:12:58 EST 2020

Hello!

I am co-editor of a new online journal run by graduate students at the
University of Alberta in the dept of Art and Design, Drama and Performance
Studies and Music. We are currently seeking papers across disciplines that
intersect with art, performance, theory, research and practice in weird and
wonderful as well as more conventional formats and offerings...submission
themselves can be from grad students, early career scholars and
practitioners!

Below is all the CFP- would it be possible to have it added to your
listserv?

all the best
Thea Patterson  Co-editor in chief, Drama and Performance Studies)

Intonations, a Journal of Interdisciplinary Arts, is currently seeking
submissions from the Fine Arts, Humanities, and beyond.

intonationsjournal.ca

Intonations, an online peer-reviewed graduate student run journal, is a
joint project at the University of Alberta between the Department of Music,
<https://www.ualberta.ca/music/>Department of Drama
<https://www.ualberta.ca/drama> and the Department of Art and Design
<https://www.ualberta.ca/art-design>.

The objective of the journal is to promote multidisciplinary collaboration
and to encourage dialogue between different modes of scholarly, artistic,
disciplinary and professional engagement with a particular focus on the
intersections of theory and artistic practice in various domains of the
fine arts, humanities, and sciences. Our goal is to promote the work of
current scholars and practitioners by generating dialogue, mutual
understanding, and innovation, both locally and internationally.

Intonations is interested in submissions that address any aspect of fine
arts history, theory, or praxis. Experimental, cross-disciplinary, and
collaborative work and research in the areas of, but not limited to,
popular and electronic music, voice, dance studies, theatre studies,
performance studies and visual/sonic arts are welcome. We encourage
submissions engaging with other forms: traditional research papers,
multimedia projects with a substantial written component, and/or
research-creation projects. We will also consider book and
exhibition/performance reviews. Authors, critics, designers, artists,
composers, and performers are encouraged to take advantage of the
multimedia capabilities of Intonations to publish creative and scholarly
works. We encourage submissions from *graduate students,* *early career
scholars, *and* independent researchers.*

The Journal publishes on a rolling basis.

*We accept submissions at any time.*

To see formatting and media requirements, and to make a submission to
Intonations, please visit
https://intonationsjournal.ca/index.php/intonations/about/submissions

If you have any questions or comments, please email us at
intonats at ualberta.ca

Editors-in-Chief:

Brandi Goddard (Art and Design), Thea Patterson (Drama and Performance
studies), Nasim Ahmadian (Music)

--
Intonations Graduate Journal:
https://intonationsjournal.ca/index.php/intonations