[Candrama] Dance Studies Association Conference, Vancouver, BC, Oct 2020: Call for Papers

Peter Dickinson peter_dickinson at sfu.ca
Sat Jan 18 12:42:18 EST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I am reaching out as the Local Arrangements Chair of the Dance Studies Association’s 2020 Conference to invite Canadian dance and performance studies scholars and artists to submit paper proposals, and to ask your help in circulating our current Call for Papers to interested students and colleagues. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is quickly approaching - February 17th.

Our 2020 conference - "Dancing Resilience: Dance Studies and Activism in a Global Age" - will be held October 15-18, 2020 in Vancouver BC, with the institutional support of Simon Fraser University’s School for the Contemporary Arts. We are accepting proposals in multiple formats: papers, panels, workshops, dance-on-camera, and more. It would be great to have a large Canadian contingent of scholars and artists at this annual meeting of the leading international association for dance studies. The link below has all the information, as well as the link to our submission portal.

https://dancestudiesassociation.org/conferences/dancing-resilience

Thank you for your help and hope to see you in Vancouver in October!

Peter Dickinson, PhD
Professor and Graduate Chair
School for the Contemporary Arts | SFU
Director, Institute for Performance Studies | SFU
T:  604-908-0993
W: http://www.sfu.ca/~ped

At Simon Fraser University, we live and work on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.