[Candrama] An Invitation: Imagining Differently: Research-Creation Practices in Urgent Times, March 26 & 27

Becky Gold beckylgold at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 09:57:04 EST 2021

*Please share widely! *

The Graduate Program in Theatre & Performance Studies (York University)

Centre for Imaginative Ethnography (CIE)

and Sensorium–Centre for Digital Arts and Technology

cordially invite you to the

2021 CIE Symposium and Graduate Conference

*Imagining Differently: *

*Research-Creation Practices in Urgent Times*

*March 26 and 27, 2021 *

*Online & Free *

*KEYNOTE SPEAKER*

*Dr. Natalie Loveless*

Friday, March 26, 12 p.m. EDT

*ONLINE SCREENING*

*the morning I died I flew over the tobacco fields*

an audiovisual ethnobricolage

based on a short story by Lynn Hutichinson Lee

Friday, March 26, 6 p.m. EDT

*See the attached conference program *

*for schedule and registration links. *

*Check us out on social!*

·       *Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/imaginingdifferently2021/>*

·       Facebook event for the conference <https://fb.me/e/24qctMM0c>

·       Facebook event for the online screening of *the morning I died I
flew over the tobacco fields* <https://fb.me/e/1X5fCdA9v>

*CONFERENCE DESCRIPTION*

A conference co-presented by York University's Graduate Program in Theatre
and Performance, The Centre for Imaginative Ethnography, and Sensorium–Centre
for Digital Arts and Technology.

Conference contributors consider research-creation as a method in theatre
and performance studies to address the urgency and uncertainty of our
current times. Our political, economic and environmental futures are
becoming increasingly uncertain. Over two-days of panel discussions,
performances and a keynote talk, we will explore what it means to do
research-creation today and in the future.

*LINKS*

   - *Conference - Registration <https://forms.gle/t6UwGKWVAPSv4CcX6>*
   - Keynote: Dr. Natalie Loveless - Registration
   <https://yorku.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_AonV7caeQKSk1JQT4k02fA>
   - Screening of the morning I died I flew over the tobacco fields -
   Registration <https://forms.gle/x3qVXaFtBV1jjsxNA>
   - Conference Program
   <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cSS0tdHtnrt3NVzHPMy3_iIqQBg1m7KR/view?usp=sharing>