[Candrama] Question about Belmore's Vigil

Sherry Farrell-Racette Sherry.Farrell-Racette at uregina.ca
Tue Mar 23 16:34:40 EDT 2021

Hi all,

The 2010 Paul Wong/Belmore video documentation of the 2002 performance
is available through VTape. I think VTape is still shipping hard copies
for rental or purchase.

Sherry Farrell Racette
MAP URegina

>>> Kim Solga <ksolga at uwo.ca> 03/23/21 11:00 AM >>>
 Hello friends,

 Does anyone know how to access the recording of Rebecca Belmore’s
Vigil, which was previously available on her website but has now
disappeared?

 I know it was made with/for Flash, which is likely part of the issue
here (since Flash is OVER). However, it’s been a valuable teaching tool
and I’d really love to know if there is a fresh copy somewhere.

 Kim

            Professor Kim Solga (she/her)
 Western Experiential Learning Innovation Scholar 2020-22
 Director, Program in Theatre Studies
  Western University
  London, ON
  N6A 3K7
  ksolga at uwo.ca

  Recently published:

  Theatre and Performance in the Neoliberal University: Responses to an
Academy in Crisis (Routledge,  2020)

  Theory for Theatre Studies: Space (Bloomsbury,  2019)

  ***

 Western University is located on the traditional lands of the
Anishinaabek, Haudenosaunee, Lūnaapéewak and Attawandaron peoples, on
lands connected with the London Township and Sombra Treaties of 1796 and
the  Dish with One Spoon Covenant Wampum. This land continues to be home
to diverse Indigenous peoples whom we recognize as contemporary stewards
of the land and vital contributors to our communities.