[Candrama] An Acorn at Oldham Coliseum (UK)

Kendra Jones kendra at impelartists.com
Tue May 11 18:52:15 EDT 2021

Hello everyone!

Toronto Canada-based impel Theatre and Oldham Coliseum Theatre present a special collaboration - a new performance of impel's remote digital performance of OBIE award-winner Caridad Svich’s An Acorn. Available On Demand through May 17 via Oldham Coliseum Theatre. <https://www.coliseum.org.uk/shows/an-acorn-recorded-6401ag/>

Described as “a piece which stretches what a theatre at home piece can achieve”, you can read more about the production and collaboration via The Toronto Star’s Karen Fricker.  <https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/stage/2021/05/05/only-two-of-the-four-actors-doing-the-zoom-play-an-acorn-will-have-rehearsed-it-and-thats-part-of-the-fun-of-it.html>

We are also hosting a free talkback about the show and digital theatre practice on May 13th at 8pm GMT - signup available here. <https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpc-GuqDsvE9IdEuedjmvlBQ6x9OYygs-9>
 <https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpc-GuqDsvE9IdEuedjmvlBQ6x9OYygs-9>
Best,
Kendra
_______

Presented by Oldham Coliseum Theatre and impel Theatre
by Caridad Svich
Directed by Kendra Jones

Starring two actors from Greater Manchester: Mina Anwar and Darren Jeffries
and two Canadian actors: Blythe Haynes and Ryan G Hinds

“It seemed as if a certain part of the world changed forever…”

Following a critically acclaimed digital North American run, An Acorn returns in a cross-Atlantic collaboration between Oldham and Canada.

Recorded from the live performance on Thursday 6 May, Mina Anwar (The Thin Blue Line, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie) and Darren Jeffries(Hollyoaks) recieved the script and some specific instructions just an hour before the performance, whilst Canadian actors Blythe Haynes and Ryan G Hinds will be rehearsed.

Over one year on from the beginning of the first lockdown we continue to be isolated and, while vaccine rollouts mean that some semblance of ‘normal’ life will return, the experience of isolation, fear and upheaval will linger with us.

We have learned in this time about our fellow humans, and while there have been moments of hope, the divide between factions feels to have grown into a chasm. Will we ever reconnect? Or has the awareness of these differences changed us forever?

The two groups of actors have never met before. You, the audience, will also receive instructions on the day for how to curate your space and how you can interact.

Follow @forest_acorn on Instagram now, and leading up to the performance.

How it works:

When you buy a ticket we will send you a confirmation email and a separate email with a PDF ticket containing a link for your at-home sound design.

You will receive another email on or after Friday 7 May instructions on how you can interact with the performance and a link to download a free digital programme.

All tickets and emails will be sent to the email address associated with your Coliseum account. Please check your Coliseum account before booking to ensure we have the correct email address.

Your PDF Ticket may take a few minutes to appear in your emails. If you do not receive your ticket please check any junk folders before contacting us. Alternatively you can access it by logging into your Coliseum account via our website and clicking the E-tickets tab.

An Acorn takes place on Zoom.

An Acorn takes place on Zoom. You might need to create a Zoom account to log in if you don’t already have one. This only takes a few moments and is free – you can use your Google Account if you have one.

If you would like to use captioning on the performance, turn it on using the instructions here <https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207279736-Closed-captioning-and-live-transcription>