[Candrama] UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA – GRADUATE STUDIES PROGRAMS IN THEATRE

Yana Meerzon Yana.Meerzon at uOttawa.ca
Fri Dec 16 14:25:03 EST 2022

The Department of Theatre at the University of Ottawa is accepting applications for admission to MA and MFA programs for 2023-2024.

Master of Arts in Theatre (MA) (Theatre Theory and Dramaturgy)

https://catalogue.uottawa.ca/en/graduate/master-arts-theatre/

Our MA students develop the analytical and scholarly skills they need for doctoral studies in a program that teaches new approaches to the practice of dramaturgy and to creative writing for performance.

The 2-year program is offered full-time and part-time. The seminars will be taught bi-modally (in person and on line).

The application process is on-going: the first deadline for applications is February 1st. However, we will consider all strong applications until the program is filled.

For more information, please contact the Chair of Theatre Studies : Theatre.Dir.BA-MA at uottawa.ca<mailto:Theatre.Dir.BA-MA at uottawa.ca>

Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Directing<https://arts.uottawa.ca/theatre/en/programs/mfa-directing/additional-information>

 https://www2.uottawa.ca/faculty-arts/programs/graduate/theatre

Our MFA students learn contemporary approaches to theatre directing in a program that embraces both the creation of original work and the re-examination of traditional repertoire. Our students work in state-of-the-art theatre spaces, direct three incrementally more sophisticated productions over the course of two years. They work with the students from our BFA in Contemporary Acting, and work with professional actors and designers.

The MFA. in Directing is a full-time program only (two years).

The deadline for applications is February 1st.

For more information, please contact the Chair of the BFA and MFA programs : Theatre.Dir.BPT-MPT.BFA-MFA at uottawa.ca<mailto:Theatre.Dir.BPT-MPT.BFA-MFA at uottawa.ca>

Yana Meerzon. Ph.D.<https://uniweb.uottawa.ca/members/270>

Professeure , Département de théâtre

135 Séraphin-Marion, uOttawa, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5

Editor. Critical Stages/Scènes critiques<http://www.critical-stages.org/19/the-essay-section-la-section-des-essais/>

Co-Editor. Palgrave Studies in Performance and Migration (book series)<https://www.springer.com/series/17066>

Recent publications:

CATR 2022. Patrick O'Neil Award, Special Mention: <https://catracrt.ca/patrick-oneill-award-past-winners/> Migration and Stereotypes in Performance and Culture (Palgrave 2020)<https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030399146>

Performing Arousal. Precarious Bodies and Frames of Representation. <https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/performing-arousal-9781350155657/>
Eds. Julia Listengarten, Yana Meerzon (Methuen Drama, 2021)<https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/performing-arousal-9781350155657/>

Performance, Subjectivity, Cosmopolitanism (Palgrave 2020)<https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030414092>