[Candrama] CTR digitization project

Michael Wallace mwallace at TheatreMuseumCanada.ca
Thu Feb 17 09:19:43 EST 2022

That is terrific news
I don’t think we have any duplicates, but I will check
-Mike

Michael Wallace
Executive Director
Theatre Museum Canada
TheatreMuseum.ca
416-413-7847

________________________________
From: Candrama <candrama-bounces at artsservices.uwaterloo.ca> on behalf of Jenn Stephenson <jenn.stephenson at queensu.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2022 4:02:32 PM
To: candrama at artsservices.uwaterloo.ca <candrama at artsservices.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: [Candrama] CTR digitization project

Hello CanDrama!

First of all, I want to say many many thanks to those of you from across the country who responded to my request to send me print copies of CTR. I am happy to report that I now have in my possession a complete set of CTR back to issue #1. (I have 5 copies of CTR 1!). With many multiple copies of some issues, I believe this is now the largest collection of CTR “in the wild.” I am pledged to be a good caretaker of this treasure.

To that end, I have been in conversations with our publisher University of Toronto Press Journals division. They have offered to store a complete set of issues in their “vault” to secure them in perpetuity. More exciting, in honour of our upcoming 50th anniversary, they are keen to embark on a digitization project that would see all issues fully digitized including covers, TOC, front matter, back matter and advertising as well as the articles and scripts. This is huge!

But… in order to do this most efficiently, one copy of each issue to be digitized will be destroyed in the process. And so this brings me to another ask from the CanDrama community. Below is a list of issues where I don’t yet have three copies of each. (One for the Editor, one for the vault, and one to be sacrificed for digitization). If you have any of these issues and are willing to part with them, please do email me (jenn.stephenson at queensu.ca<mailto:jenn.stephenson at queensu.ca>). I have some $ and am happy to arrange for a courier to come pick up your issues.

Again many many thanks in advance!

Yours digitally,

Jenn

Here is the list of needs:

20

23

25

26

27

28

31

32

33

34

35

44

45

46

48

50

51

52

54

72

123

137

144

148

159

166

Jenn Stephenson

Associate Dean (Academic), Faculty of Arts and Science, Queen’s University

Professor, Dan School of Drama and Music

Editor-in-Chief, Canadian Theatre Review

Insecurity: Perils and Products of Theatres of the Real<https://utorontopress.com/9781487501853/insecurity/> (UTP, 2019)

Twitter | @queensjenn

Blog | dramaturgiesofparticipation.com<http://dramaturgiesofparticipation.com/>

For scheduling inquiries, please contact Danielle Gugler, Administrative Assistant to the Vice-Dean and Associate Deans, at guglerd at queensu.ca<mailto:guglerd at queensu.ca>

For information and updates regarding Winter Term 2022 please visit the Queen’s University Safe Return to Campus website<https://www.queensu.ca/safereturn/> and the Faculty of Arts & Science Campus Access Under COVID webpage.<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fquartsci.com%2Fcampus-access&data=04%7C01%7Cjenn.stephenson%40queensu.ca%7Cd03f1ecdbf154f0b7b4108d9c16e910b%7Cd61ecb3b38b142d582c4efb2838b925c%7C1%7C0%7C637753502893010618%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=wG0mIjbfk8VcizYt6j1Q0P0ERAjoWEnw8GcZSgmy7l8%3D&reserved=0>