[Candrama] Director of Center for Arts in Medicine posting

jeffpuf at sasktel.net jeffpuf at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 10 09:49:02 EST 2022

Director of the Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida
Faculty Position Announcement

The Center for Arts in Medicine (CAM) in the University of Florida College of the Arts is expanding its leadership team and organizational infrastructure. The Center seeks a dynamic director to lead our close-knit and rapidly expanding academic community made up of artists and scholars working in and researching the intersections of arts and health. The new director will work in tandem with Dr. Jill Sonke, who will oversee the center’s research activities and advance its research agenda in national and international spheres.

We seek a strategic thinker who will help propel us to new levels of excellence as part of a comprehensive land‑, sea‑, and space-grant research university (ranked #5 among U.S. public universities). We seek a leader who will guide CAM as it becomes a tenure and doctoral degree granting unit within the College of the Arts. We seek a leader with a deep understanding of artistic practice, expertise in the field of social practice, and experience in community-engaged research and practice. We seek a leader with the vision and capacity to build, implement, and maintain strong academic structures and to lead collaborative academic work within a discipline-rich campus environment.

The University of Florida College of the Arts intends to be a transformative community, responding to and generating paradigmatic shifts in the arts and beyond. As artists and scholars, we embrace the complexity of our evolving human experience and seek to empower our students and faculty to shape that experience fearlessly through critical study, creative practice, and provocation. We seek a colleague who identifies as a change-maker. We seek a colleague who will prepare students to access and unsettle centers of power in a radically changing world. We seek a colleague who will position emerging artists and researchers as catalysts for equity on local and global levels.

This is a full-time, 12 month faculty position. Rank and tenure status are contingent upon the selected candidate’s qualifications. Tenure home is dependent upon candidate’s discipline with tenure upon hire, if appropriate. Date of expected hire is July 1, 2022.

Please visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/519652/director-center-for-arts-in-medicine to learn more.
Applications submitted by January 30, 2022 will receive full consideration.

The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty, seeking faculty of all races, ethnicities, genders, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.