[Candrama] Tom Peacocke

Day, Moira moira.day at usask.ca
Thu Jan 5 14:57:33 EST 2023

Hello all,

Perhaps this has already been posted on Candrama and I've just missed seeing it, but I thought people might want to know that we lost Tom Peacocke, a significant pioneering teacher, actor and director at the age of 89 in late November.

While centered in Edmonton, Tom had a far-reaching regional, national, and arguably international impact, not only through his very active film and theatre career, but the many generations of students he mentored and taught over his years at the University of Alberta and beyond.

I am including the link to Liz Nicholls' lovely tribute to him for those who want to know more about him or just remember him.

https://12thnight.ca/2022/11/23/weve-lost-a-giant-thomas-peacocke-the-small-town-kid-who-changed-canadian-theatre/
[https://12thnightca.files.wordpress.com/2022/11/315849202_2073249826213255_74994432333829106_n-1.jpg]<https://12thnight.ca/2022/11/23/weve-lost-a-giant-thomas-peacocke-the-small-town-kid-who-changed-canadian-theatre/>
We’ve lost a giant: Thomas Peacocke, the small-town kid who changed Canadian theatre<https://12thnight.ca/2022/11/23/weve-lost-a-giant-thomas-peacocke-the-small-town-kid-who-changed-canadian-theatre/>
Peacocke’s sons Chris and TW Peacocke (the former a retired school principal and the latter a Toronto-based TV and film director) remember their dad saying that “the gossip he’d overheard was the reason he got involved in theatre in the first place.”
12thnight.ca

Dr. MOIRA DAY
Professor Emerita
Department of Drama