[Candrama] CaCFP "Location of (dis)embodied labour in theatre and performance"

Yana Meerzon Yana.Meerzon at uOttawa.ca
Wed Jun 28 01:42:32 EDT 2023

Open Call for abstracts for the conference: Location of (dis)embodied labour in theatre and performance.

November 30, 2023 - Department of Theatre and Performance Studies, University of Warwick, UK

supported by Humanities Research Centre, University of Warwick, UK

The one-day conference endeavors to explore the body in the practices, theories, and histories of performance not limited to cultural production. We aspire to open up a space for an interdisciplinary multitude of topics united by an interest in bodies as a phenomenological site of labour where the marks of modern and global capitalism are inscribed. We seek to raise questions concerning the locations of the body in performance, what it takes and gives, and the exact nature and mechanisms of the affects that bodies work on.

We seek proposals, artistic contributions, creative work from scholars and practitioners working in theatre and performance studies, other arts disciplines, the Humanities and social sciences that interrogate what constitutes a labouring body, in various performance forms as well as domains of lived experience.

For more information, please follow the link: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/scapvc/theatre/staff/yangzizhou/locationsoflabour2023/

Deadline for sending proposals - August 1, 2023.

For any queries regarding submission, please contact us via the email address given below.

Organizing Committee:

Prodosh Bhattacharya (PhD Scholar, Theatre Studies, University of Warwick)

Yangzi Zhou (PhD Scholar, Theatre Studies, University of Warwick)

Varvara Sklez (PhD Scholar, Theatre Studies, University of Warwick)

Email - disembodiedlabour at gmail.com<mailto:disembodiedlabour at gmail.com>