[Candrama] Call for manuscripts - Brill’s book series -Themes in Theatre: New Directions in International Theatre and Performance

Yana Meerzon Yana.Meerzon at uOttawa.ca
Thu Oct 12 09:40:59 EDT 2023

Brill’s book series

Themes in Theatre: New Directions in International Theatre and Performance

https://brill.com/display/serial/TT?language=en&contents=about

Published in association with the International Federation for Theatre Research (IFTR), this series is a platform for innovative scholarly work that takes seriously the pledge of the international. We ask: what promise does this term hold for Theatre and Performance Studies today? First coined in the late eighteenth century to define a space for inter-state relations, the term has since migrated from law to political and cultural practice, retaining connotations of an ever-expanding, progressive vision of global cooperation. Theatre and Performance Studies have long pursued the promise of the international, from re-thinking “national” canons to developing novel theoretical and methodological foundations for the study of theatre and performance. The series publishes both monographs and edited volumes that represent and at the same time critically interrogate these very processes. We thus invite submissions that examine the evolving diversity of performances from Eurasia, Africa, the Americas, and Oceania. We seek to become an intellectual home to manuscripts that contain an overtly international or transnational dimension, explore new historical, methodological and geographical frontiers, and address pressing contemporary concerns.

To submit a formal book proposal, consult BRILL’s guidelines for a Book Proposal: https://brill.com/fileasset/downloads_products/brill_bookproposal_guidelines.pdf

Dr Milija Gluhovic

Reader

Head of Theatre and Performance Studies

Director of International Partnerships, SCAPVC

School of Creative Arts, Performance and Visual Cultures

Faculty of Arts Building

University of Warwick

Coventry CV4 7AL

Phone: +44 (0)24 7652 3021