[Candrama] CATR 2024 - CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS: Gatherings: Archival and Oral Histories of Performance WG (Sarah Robbins)

Sarah Robbins sarah.robbins at alum.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 18 11:28:00 EDT 2024

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

CATR Working Group: Gatherings: Archival and Oral Histories of Performance

Co-Convenors: Stephen Johnson, Kelsey Jacobson, Robert Motum, and Sarah Robbins

Presented at the Canadian Association of Theatre Research (CATR) Conference<https://catracrt.ca/conference/catr-2024-conference-information/>

Staging Justice: People, Places, Planet, and Practice, at McGill University in Montréal, Québec, as part of the 2024 Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences<https://www.federationhss.ca/en/congress2024>.

Conference Registration is required.

ONLINE participation (June 5-6)

Gatherings: Archival and Oral Histories is seeking participants for a new CATR Working Group. Gatherings—a SSHRC-funded research Partnership focusing on the care and keeping of archival and oral histories of performance in Canada, has been in existence since 2018. It is a pan-Canadian and cross-institutional partnership of universities and non-academic organizations with the goal of creating a national community of scholars, artists, archivists and students who can meet on equal footing to discuss the preservation of performance traditions in the country, in all its complexity.

The Working Group follows one of our initiatives, the 'Roadshow Series' of online gatherings, during which individuals—along the lines of the 'Antiques Roadshow'—make a brief presentation of an object or document that raises questions, or a question that has arisen from individual research projects, about the research goals, the relationship with the archival repository, or the processes of interviewing. We will pay attention to issues of access, of collection and reproduction, of the influence of technology, and the relationships we all forge (and need to forge) among and between archivists and with artists. This will be an open and expansive discussion, providing time and space to talk about the process of historical research.

The Working Group will meet in an online forum during CATR’s meeting in early June. The existing members of our Working Group include the individuals who are listed on our website<https://gatheringspartnership.com> as involved in the full project.

We welcome CATR members at any stage of their career to apply to join.

Interested applicants, please email Gatherings a brief proposal for a 10-15 min presentation of an object or document related to performance, to be shared at the online working group meeting of the online segment of CATR 2024.

For more information about the project, and to view pilot 'Roadshow' presentations, please visit our website: gatheringspartnership.com<https://gatheringspartnership.com>

Emails should be addressed to Dr. Sarah Robbins, Project Manager, Gatherings sarah.robbins at alum.utoronto.ca, by April 19, 2024.

Sarah Robbins, Ph.D. (she/her)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow | University of Toronto
Project Manager, Gatherings: Archival & Oral Histories of Performance
Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies
sarah.robbins at alum.utoronto.ca
gatheringspartnership.com<https://gatheringspartnership.com/>
saraherobbins.com<http://saraherobbins.com/>