[Candrama] Reminder: Apply to the CDTPS graduate programs and attend our graduate open house events (Jan 8 & Feb 8)!

Drama Communications dramacentrecommunications.cdtps at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 3 14:25:07 EST 2024

Please share the following invitation to apply to our graduate programs and attend our open house events with your community:

[cid:9ab754f1-6da8-47ab-88a8-973d99a00236]

[cid:3719d37f-5ab4-4ca9-a2be-bee4ca754205]

Apply now for graduate studies in Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies at Canada's highest ranked university!

We at the University of Toronto’s Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies are looking for our next intake of excellent graduate students. We offer rigorous and competitive MA and PhD programs that provide exceptional research opportunities and interdisciplinary connections in the rich cultural landscape of Toronto. See our website for detailed program information<https://www.cdtps.utoronto.ca/>.

We offer our students:

  *   International standard of research and education in the fields of drama, theatre and performance studies;
  *   Inclusive diversity of knowledge(s) and original knowledge production;
  *   Interdisciplinary opportunities for learning and research;
  *   Both comprehensive and specialized education in our fields (including cutting-edge research in Performance and Technology in two related labs: Digital Dramaturgy Lab_squared<https://www.ddlsquared.rocks/> and the new BMO Lab in Creative Research in the Arts, Performance, Emerging Technologies and AI<https://bmolab.artsci.utoronto.ca/>;
  *   Opportunities to lead scholarly and artistic projects supported by the Centre;
  *   Facilitating professionalization, professional networking, and internationalization;
  *   Strong financial support of research activities in addition to regular funding; and
  *   In addition to the labs above, multiple research and working group<https://www.cdtps.utoronto.ca/research> opportunities that students can participate in to enrich their graduate experience:
     *   Spectatorship and Audience Research
     *   Institute for Dance Studies
     *   Native Performance Culture and the Rhythm of [RE?]Conciliation: Re-Membering Ourselves in Deep Time
     *   Poculi Ludique Societas
     *   Theatre, Youth, and Digital Media Lab

Take your thinking to the next level<https://www.cdtps.utoronto.ca/prospective-graduate-students/about-our-graduate-studies>.

On Monday, January 8, 2024, we invite you to join our CDTPS Graduate Open House via Zoom to learn more about our program from our administrative staff, faculty and students. We will discuss our curriculum, program requirements, funding, admissions and Teaching Assistantships, as well as our co-curricular activities and provide some details about our exciting new space! Please visit our Graduate Open House webpage<https://www.cdtps.utoronto.ca/events/graduate-open-house-2024> to register for this event.

Following our Zoom open house, we will host an in-person Graduate Open House at our space at 79 St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario on Thursday, February 8, 2024, at 6pm during our graduate student-led Festival of Original Theory and Theatre (FOOT32) Conference<https://www.cdtps.utoronto.ca/research/FOOT2024>. Here, we will welcome you with an introduction to our graduate program, some refreshments, and invite you to end your evening with us at the Festival of Original Theory and Theatre’s Performance keynote. Details on the keynote speaker<https://www.cdtps.utoronto.ca/conferences/FOOT2024> will be posted on our website soon. Learn more about our in-person Graduate Open House<https://www.cdtps.utoronto.ca/events/graduate-open-house-2024>.

Our admission process will be open from October 23, 2023 until April 14, 2024. Admission decisions are made from October through April, on an on-going basis; we encourage early applications.

Program inquiries can be sent to Jill Carter [gc.graddrama at utoronto.ca<mailto:gc.graddrama at utoronto.ca>], Associate Director, and to the Graduate Administrator [graduate.drama at utoronto.ca<mailto:graduate.drama at utoronto.ca>].

We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have.

Kathleen and Jill

Kathleen Gallagher

Director, Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies

University of Toronto

director.dramacentre at utoronto.ca<mailto:director.dramacentre at utoronto.ca>

Jill Carter

Associate Director, Graduate, Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies

University of Toronto

gc.graddrama at utoronto.ca<mailto:gc.graddrama at utoronto.ca>