[Acocoops] PAS 1098 & PAS 1099 - Updates & Query on table layouts

Bill Baer bill.baer at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 11 15:55:46 EDT 2024

Hello,

I've chatted with Stacy and room 1098 will have the far wall with eight (8) tables (with the curved front) that include the power and additional 2 Ethernet ports. Each table will have a hub-monitor as suggested by Stacy, Kathryn and data.

The remainder of the room will consist of comfy furniture with the two round tables remaining. There is a consideration for a display monitor on the wall adjacent to PAS 1098A ...

PAS 1099 however could have another look. The walls adjacent to PAS 1080 & PAS 1098A respectively would have tables with hub monitors. HOWEVER, my question is should they be similar to the tables used in PAS 1098 (tables with power & two ethernet jacks with curved fronts) with hub-monitors instead of rectangle table without power and ethernet jacks. Stacy has suggested the printer be shifted to the wall adjacent to our server room and not have tables/chairs on that wall to minimize impact on egress ...

Hopefully you can provide some of your insights by end of Wednesday, March 13th 2024

Thanks in advance, Bill

William R Baer, BASc (Systems Design)

Director IT - Arts Computing Office (ACO)

Bill.Baer @ uwaterloo.ca
https://uwaterloo.ca/arts/about/people/group/29

Cell: 905-320-0483

Bill.Baer @ gmail.com

The University of Waterloo acknowledges that much of our work takes place on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. Our main campus is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land granted to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River. Our active work toward reconciliation takes place across our campuses through research, learning, teaching, and community building, and is centralized within our _ Indigenous Initiatives Office_<https://uwaterloo.ca/human-rights-equity-inclusion/indigenousinitiatives>.