FW: Digital Textbook Authors Wanted

Brenda Smith bsmith at watarts.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 7 09:25:24 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Northern Blue Publishing [mailto:normpotter at gmail.com]
Sent: August 3, 2007 8:51 AM
To: dean at watarts.uwaterloo.ca
Subject: Digital Textbook Authors Wanted

Northern Blue Publishing News Release

August 3, 2007           Please Forward

Northern Blue Publishing is Canada's leader in digital publishing, with
several collaborative learning platforms now available online, including
History of Canada Online, Civics Canada Online, Canada's First People and
the Encycloportal. We also produce interactive DVDs and print-on-demand
digital textbooks based on the online content.

We are now expanding our publishing list and looking for authors or teams
interested in working with us to produce and develop the following social
studies portals suitable as resources for secondary and college education
(Ontario course reference # attached):

*	US History Online

 - American History 11 (CHA3U)

*	World History Online

- World History to the Sixteenth Century 11 (CHW3M)

- World History Since 1900: Global and Regional Perspectives 11 (CHT3O)

- World: History: The West and the World 12 (CHY4U)

*	Canadian Politics Online

- Canadian and World Politics 12 (CPW4U)

*	Canadian Geography Online - Middle and Senior

- Geography of Canada 9, Academic (CGC1D)

- The Americas: Geographic Patterns and Issues 11 (CGD3M)

- Physical Geography: Patterns, Processess and Interactions 11 (CGF3M)

- Canadian and World Issues: A Geographical Analysis 12 (CGW4U)

- World Geography: Human Patterns and Interactions 12 (CGU4U)

- The Environment and Resource Management 12 (CGR4M)

*	Canadian Law for Secondary School

- Understanding Canadian Law 11 (CLU3M)

- Canadian and International Law 12 (CLN4U)
*	Canadian Economics for Secondary School

- The Individual and the Economy 11 Preparation (CIE3M)

- Analysing Current Economic Issues 12 (CIA4U)

*	Other Text Options:

- Introduction to Anthropology, Psychology and Sociology 11 (HSP3M)

- World Religions: Beliefs, Issues and Religious Tradtitions 11 (HRT3M)

- Challenge and Change in Society 12 (HSB4M)

- Philosophy: Questions and Theories 12 (HZT4U)

- Individuals and Families in a Diverse Society 12 (HHS4M)

- Classical Civilizations 12 (LVV4U)

See documents from the Ontario Curriculum: Canadian and World Studies at:
http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/secondary/

We are also interested in developing custom versions of our portals for
community college and introductory university courses. Ideally you have some
familiarity with secondary education, curriculum development, Web page
production, AV learning, distance education and/or textbook production. We
offer training for online production, and very good royalty rates.

For more on our publishing approach, consult our Web site at:
http://www.northernblue.ca/products/index.php/Welcome_to_Northern_Blue_Publi
shing

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have by email.

Please pass this message on to others who might be interested.

Sincerely,

  _____

CONTACT: Norm Potter
Northern Blue Publishing
E-mail: normpotter at gmail.com

C NORTHERN BLUE PUBLISHING
PS: If you want me to remove you from our list, please reply with the words
"Please Remove from List".