Live & Learn Lecture - Waterloo Public Library

Brandi Gillett Woods bgillett at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 29 11:19:26 EDT 2008

*Why we can find our way to the moon but get lost at the mall
*
Research in psychology suggests that we are influenced constantly by the
sizes, shapes, and appearances of our homes, workplaces, parks and
playgrounds.  Understanding how the spaces of our lives influence our
movements and feelings can help us to know how to design places that work.

*Join us* /Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. /in the/ James J.
Brown Auditorium /at the/ Waterloo Public Library/ as Colin Ellard,
Associate  Professor, Psychology, discusses how space and place play a
role in our lives from the mundane (how do we find our way to the
grocery store?) to the sublime (what is it about the space inside a
large cathedral that takes our breath away?).

For more information on Colin Ellard visit http://www.colinellard.com

--
Brandi Gillett Woods CSEM, MA

Manager, Arts Advancement Events