Virtual Housing Study

Gloria Sicuro gsicuro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:54:46 EST 2009

 University of Waterloo Department of Psychology   PARTICIPANTS NEEDED FOR
A STUDY OF HOW ACTIVE HOUSE-HUNTERS EXPLORE AND FORM PREFERENCES FOR
DIFFERENT STYLES OF HOUSES.

As a participant in this study, you would be asked to come to the Research
Laboratory for Immersive Virtual Environments (RELIVE) at the University of
Waterloo.  You would have a chance to walk around inside some virtual house
interiors while wearing a head-mounted display.  Several non-invasive
sensors will be used to measure your heart rate and your emotional responses
to what you see. You would also be asked to complete some questionnaires
describing your experiences in the virtual homes.  We will also ask you some
questions about your background (age, occupation, education, and cultural
background)

Your participation would involve *one* session,
 which is approximately *60 *minutes.

In appreciation for your time, you will receive $15.  In addition, we will
reimburse you for travel expenses up to the amount of $25.

For more information about this study, or to volunteer for this study,
please contact the RELIVE lab at:

*virtualhousingstudy at gmail.com*

*This study has been reviewed by, and received ethics clearance
through, the Office of Research Ethics, University of Waterloo.*