Talk TOMORROW: Lauren Berlant

Rebecca Tierney-Hynes rtierney at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 17 06:02:13 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,

The Department of English Language and Literature is pleased to
present the fifth and last speaker in our series, "Emotion and Text":

Lauren Berlant
“After the Good Life, the Impasse: Time Out, Human Resources and the
Neoliberal Present.”
Thursday, March 18th
4pm
Hagey Hall 373
Lauren Berlant is George M. Pullman Professor of English at the
University of Chicago. She is the author of The Female Complaint: the
Unfinished Business of Sentimentality in American Culture (2008), The
Queen of America Goes to Washington City: Essays on Sex and
Citizenship (1997), The Anatomy of National Fantasy (1991), and
editor of Intimacy (2000), Our Monica, Ourselves (2001), and
Compassion: the Culture and Politics of an Emotion (2004).

For more information, please contact Rebecca Tierney-Hynes
(rtierney at uwaterloo.ca).

Please join us!

Rebecca Tierney-Hynes
Assistant Professor