St. Jerome's Reading Series -- Reminder: This Week's Events

The Reading Series at St. Jerome's stj.readings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 18:42:47 EST 2010

Hi,
We have an exciting week of events.

Please join us *Wednesday, Nov. 17th at 7:30 (STJ 2017)* for our Reading
Series' Special Event. *Charlene Diehl* will be reading from *Out of Grief,
Singing*, a memoir of a mother's loss of her newborn. Charlene is a former
St. Jerome's professor. Please help us welcome her back for her reading.
We'll have some refreshments and parking is available starting at 7 p.m. in
Lot B at St. Jerome's.

And on *Thursday, Nov. 18th at 4:30 (STJ 2017)*, we'll welcome *Janice Kulyk
Keefer*. Janice is the author of over a dozen works of poetry, prose and
literary criticism. Among her awards are first prize in the CBC radio
literary competition and the National Magazine Award, the 13th Marian Engel
Award and a SSHRC artist/researcher fellowship. *Under Eastern Eyes*, her
study of Canadian fiction from the Maritimes, and her novel *The Green
Library* were both shortlisted for a Governor General’s award. Her most
recent novel, *The Ladies Lending Library*, won the Kobzar prize. She is a
Professor of English at the University of Guelph and also teaches in
Guelph-Humber’s MFA in Creative Writing Program.

As always, all are welcome and the events are free. Hope to see you there.

Veronica Austen