SMF Symposium - Friday December 10th

tplight at uwaterloo.ca tplight at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Nov 27 09:32:47 EST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that we will be holding our second annual SMF
Symposium on Friday December 10th at St. Jerome's University.  The
theme for this year is "Ethical Intersections: Research, Theory and
Practice."

We have an exciting day planned which includes research paper and
poster sessions, a documentary film screening (BeInclusive), a
community partners panel and, of course, great discussion.

Our keynote speakers this year are Dr. Jacqueline Murray of the
University of Guelph and Oni the Haitian Sensation, internationally
recognized Slam Poet (please see attached poster).

Registration (which includes lunch and a wine and cheese reception):

               $10 Students
               $25 Staff, Faculty, Employed

Early Bird Deadline: December 1, 2010
After Dec. 1st:  $15 Students/$35 Staff, Faculty, Employed

All proceeds from the conference will be donated to the Sexual Assault
Support Centre of Waterloo Region http://sascwr.org/

For more information and to register:  http://smfsymposium.ca

--
Tracy Penny Light, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies/History
tplight at uwaterloo.ca

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."

   ~~Ralph Waldo Emerson