STJ Reading Series Update: some bad news and yet some very good Special Event news

The Reading Series at St. Jerome's stj.readings at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:21:13 EDT 2010

Unfortunately, *we're having to cancel Kathleen Winter's Nov. 11th visit*.
But we're very excited by her nomination for the Giller prize (winner to be
announced Nov. 9th) and wish her all the best at this very busy and exciting
time. We're working on a possible rescheduled visit, so I'll update you as
soon as I can.

And now for some great news: we have a Reading Series Special Event to
announce.

*Charlene Diehl will be reading *
*on November 17th at 7:30pm in STJ2017. *

We're very excited to be adding this Special Event to the Series. As many of
you might know, Charlene's visit to St. Jerome's marks a homecoming of
sorts, Charlene having once been a professor of English here.

Charlene will be reading from her recently published *Out of Grief, Singing:
A Memoir of Motherhood and Loss*. As described by the publisher:

"In Charlene Diehl's achingly beautiful memoir, we catch a glimpse into the
life of a woman coming to terms with the loss of her newborn. After a series
of rapid diagnoses and emergency interventions, Charlene's daughter Chloe is
born, but her too-brief life is spent in the neonatal intensive care unit,
and her mother, leveled by an epidural anaesthetic procedure gone wrong, can
barely make it to her daughter's side. With a poet's ear for language,
Charlene Diehl shares her discovery of joy amidst a devastating loss."

We look forward to welcoming Charlene back to St. Jerome's for this reading.
Hope to see you at the event.