Jessica Yee talk tonight -- a reminder

Shannon Dea sjdea at watarts.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 20 13:40:19 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

A reminder that you are invited to tonight's talk on "The Future of Choice"
by Jessica Yee.  Here's my earlier artsannounce email about the event with
all the relevant details:

I'm emailing to let you know about an upcoming public talk that will be of
> interest to many of you. June 20, following Planned Parenthood Waterloo
> Region's Annual General Meeting, Jessica Yee will speak on "The Future of
> Choice." Yee, named one of the Toronto Star's 2010 People to Watch in the
> GTA, is the founder and Executive Director of the Native Youth Sexual
> Health Network. According to its website, the Network "is the first and only
> organization of its kind in North America by and for Indigenous youth
> working within the full spectrum of sexual and reproductive health
> throughout the continent. [Yee] has spent more than half her life
> mobilizing individuals, families, and communities alike to reclaim their
> ancestral rights to self-determine decisions over their own bodies and
> spaces" (http://www.nativeyouthsexualhealth.com/aboutourfounder.html). Yee's
> talk will focus on the current state of reproductive rights in Canada,
> especially as it pertains to youth.
> The talk will be held June 20 at the First Unitarian Church of Waterloo at
> 299 Sydney Street, Kitchener. Admission to the talk is $10 or
> pay-what-you-can for the underwaged. Call 519-743-9360 (or email me) for
> tickets. (You can also purchase tickets at the door if there are enough left
> on the evening of the talk.) The PPWR AGM (to which you are also welcome)
> begins at 6:30 p.m. Yee's talk starts at 7:30.
> Please share this invitation with any colleagues who might be interested.

Thanks and best wishes,
Shannon Dea

--
Assistant Professor and Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies
Department of Philosophy