Matthew Carver: Fine Arts Speaker Series

Tara L Cooper tlcooper at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 27 14:34:57 EDT 2011

In conjunction with our Visiting Artists' Speaker Series, The Department of Fine Arts cordially invites you to our next lecture:

Matthew Carver: Thursday October 6th, 3:30 p.m., ECH Room 1219

>From riot police to the blinding lights of Hong Kong, Matthew Carver, a 21st Century flaneur, investigates perception and the urban condition through the discipline of painting.

Matthew Carver received his BFA from York University and his MA Fine Art from the Chelsea College of Art and Design. He has exhibited his work in Berlin, Singapore, Basel, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, London and in the 12th Cairo Biennale. In 2000, he won the Canadian Emerging Artist Prize (now known as the RBC Painting Prize). Following nine years living in Berlin, London and various parts of Asia, Carver has recently returned to Canada.

http://arts.uwaterloo.ca/Temp/Matthew-Carver.jpg