Adwoa Badoe reads at St. Jerome's! Oct 6, 4:30, STJ 3014

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 28 13:44:09 EDT 2011

Hello all,

Our next visitor in the St. Jerome's Reading Series is Adwoa Badoe, a multitalented multidisciplinary artist who tells stories through traditional dances, oral storytelling and writing. Her latest book is Between Sisters, which the Toronto Star praises as painting "a picture of a Ghanaian adolescence, circa 1994, that sweeps together coming-of-age quandaries and, for the reader, an education in the prevailing attitudes, social issues and culture (even cuisine) of that place and time".

Join us on Thursday, October 6 at 4:30pm in STJ 3014 -- the readings are free, and all are welcome! Please spread the word.
And thanks to the St. Jerome's Library, our readings now feature cookies!

For more information, please visit us online at the Reading Series website www.sju.ca/reading_series.html,<http://www.sju.ca/reading_series.html,> and blog, canlitkicksass.blogspot.com<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.com/>.

We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts which last year invested $40.3 million in the arts in Ontario.