N. Katherine Hayles next Tuesday: Speculation

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 28 18:46:15 EST 2012

Dear Arts Announce:

Renowned media scholar N. Katherine Hayles will deliver a talk on Tuesday,
March 6th.
The talk will take place in AL 124 at 4:30 pm and is sponsored by the
Department of English.

Dr. Hayles will co-present with three of her graduate students, Patrick
Jagoda, Ainsley Sutherland, and Patrick Lemieux.  Dr. Hayles will be
speaking about "Speculation," a multi-player, Alternate Reality Game,
based on a post-apocalyptic scenario in which markets have crashed and
corporations control the world.

N. Katherine Hayles is Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the
Program in Literature at Duke University.  She is the award-winning author
of nine books, including Electronic Literature (2008), My Mother Was A
Computer (2005), Writing Machines (2002), and How We Became Posthuman
(1999).

Please find a poster attached.

Jay

--
Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies

dolmage at uwaterloo.ca