SMF Symposium: Call for Proposals

Toni Serafini tserafini at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 25 10:37:06 EST 2012

Dear colleagues:

FYI ... Please feel free to distribute widely!

Best,

Toni

Toni Serafini, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Health Studies and Gerontology (UW)
St. Jerome's University in the University of Waterloo
290 Westmount Road, North
Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3G3
519.884.8110 x28293
tserafini at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:tserafini at uwaterloo.ca><mailto:tserafini at uwaterloo.ca>

SMF SYMPOSIUM - March 30, 2012:
 “Couples, Families, and Relationships in a Globalized World”

CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
Extended Deadline January 31, 2012

The theme of this year’s SMF Symposium is derived from our commitment to increasing awareness of diverse family relationships from a multicultural perspective within our globalized world. The SMF program is especially interested in the intersections of couples, families, and relationships in a multicultural context. Proposals are encouraged to reflect on one or all of these integrated topics, focusing on a global perspective and multicultural contexts.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
•     reproduction
•     family health issues (e.g., midwifery)
•     child rearing
•     diversity in family experiences
•     relationship dynamics from an international or national perspective

Proposals should be 300 words, and submitted together with a brief curriculum vitae (CV). Students are especially encouraged to submit their proposals!
Proposals should be submitted by January 31st, 2012 to amorrow at smfsymposium.ca<mailto:amorrow at smfsymposium.ca>. For additional information on the call for proposals and updates on our event, please visit our website: www.smfsymposium.ca<http://www.smfsymposium.ca/>

Brought to you by the Department of Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies (SMF), St. Jerome’s University in the University of Waterloo