NHC tomorrow

Music Assistant musicast at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 13 13:44:09 EDT 2012

Dear faculty and staff:
This is your cordial invitation to attend our Noon Hour Concert tomorrow.  >From a Baroque dance to some Canadian folk songs and jazz, this brass quintet has something for everyone.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Brass Essentials
Debra & Martin Lacoste, trumpets
Trevor Wagler, French horn
Carolyn Culp, trombone
Susan Follows, bass trombone

Wednesday, March 14, 2012
12:30 p.m. CGUC Chapel

PROGRAMME

Allegro                                                              Georg Philipp Telemann
               from the Flute Sonata                                                                                                        (1681-1767)
                                                                                                                                                    arr. David Marlatt

Frost Fire                                                                                                                                              Eric Ewazen
               I. Bright and Fast                                                                                                                      (b. 1954)

Three Girls for Five Brass                                                                                                           John Lanchbery
               I. Outdoor Blonde                                                                                                              (1923-2003)
               II.  Indoor Brunette (with green eyes)
               III. Redhead

Suite on Canadian Folk Songs                                                                                                     Morley Calvert
               I. Marianne s'en va-t-au Moulin                                                                                      (1928-1991)                                                                                                                                                   arr.  David Marlatt

The Elephant,                                                                                                                        Camille Saint-Säens
               from Carnival of the Animals                                                                                            (1835-1921)
                                                                                                                                       arr. Robert S. Wallace, II

Quintet, No. 1, Op. 5                                                                                                                Victor Ewald
               I. Moderato                                                                                                                  (1860-1935)
               II. Adagio non troppo lento                                                                     trans. by Donald G. Miller
                   Allegro vivace
                   Tempo I. Adagio
               III. Allegro moderato

Ain't Misbehavin'                                                                                                                                Fats Waller                                                                                                                                                              (1904-1943)
                                                                                                                                                          arr. Lee Norris

Julie Nash, Assistant

University of Waterloo Department of Music
Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Rd., Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G6
(519) 885-0220 ext. 24226  Rm. 1104