Faculty of Arts Orientation Update - Magical Mayhem is about to begin

Stephanie Bromley sbromley at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 29 13:05:44 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

It's Stephanie Bromley, the Arts Student Engagement Officer.  Magical Mayhem is about to begin!

Orientation Week 2013 begins this Sunday and runs until next Saturday with our grand finale, Monte Carlo night!  The week is full of purposeful programming focused on helping our new students transition to university-life.

Once again I wanted to highlight the Arts Faculty Orientation Committee members (or Arts FOC).  They exemplify our core theme words - responsibility, perseverance, courage, integrity - and have amazed me with their spirit and their dedication to our first-year students.

Ø  Amanda - 4A French Teaching Specialization, Math minor

Ø  Chris - 4A Music, Arts and Business Co-op, Computer Science minor

Ø  Erin - 4A Fine Arts, Arts and Business Co-op

Ø  Libby - 4A, Accounting and Financial Management, Psychology minor

As part of the Orientation Week programing the Arts Undergraduate Office (AUO) is hosting three academic programs in addition to the First-Year Experience program out of the Student Success Office.  We're also launching our new Arts Peer Mentor program during Orientation Week.

Ø  September 3 - Welcome to the Wonderful World of Arts - The Dean's welcome address

Ø  September 4 - Wizards Get Wiser - Academic information sessions by the AUO

Ø  September 5 - These Major Moments and BBQ - Current students with new students to share their experiences; sponsored by the AUO

I'll leave off with a bit of fun. Watch the reveal of the Arts Orientation Dance 2013!  Maybe even learn it.  You'll see our new students and 150 Leaders, teaching, learning, and performing this dance all next week!

Got some magic in you? THE DANCE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X72o_YIAms&feature=youtu.be

Please take a moment next week to welcome a new student to the Faculty of Arts and visit the Arts Quad to see some Magical Mayhem.

Stephanie
Stephanie Bromley
Student Engagement Officer
Faculty of Arts