Philosophy Colloquium - Jan. 10, 2014

Vicki Brett vbrett at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 18 12:01:52 EST 2013

The first Philosophy Colloquium to be held in the new calendar year will be on Friday, January 10, 2014 at 3:30 p.m. in
HH 334: Jennifer Nagel<http://individual.utoronto.ca/jnagel/Home_Page.html>, University of Toronto, "The Value of Reasoning in Epistemic Justification".

Friday, January 10, 2014
3:30 p.m. - HH 334
Jennifer Nagel, University of Toronto
"The Value of Reasoning in Epistemic Justification"
When and why does it matter whether we can give an explicit justification for what we believe? This paper examines these questions in the light of recent empirical work on the social functions served by our capacity to reason, in particular, Mercier and Sperber's argumentative theory of reasoning.

A list of our upcoming talks can be found at  https://uwaterloo.ca/philosophy/events.

Vicki Brett
Undergraduate Coordinator
Philosophy Department - HH 365