Anne Michaels reads tomorrow at St Jerome's!

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 5 09:17:27 EST 2013

Hello, friends,
The third event in our winter festival happens tomorrow! We're thrilled to have the internationally renowned Anne Michaels reading for us Wednesday, 6 February, 4:30pm, STJ 3027.
Please join us, and please spread the word! As always, thanks to the Canada Council and to St Jerome's, the readings are free and all are welcome.

More about the author:
Anne Michaels is an award-winning poet and novelist. Her first novel, Fugitive Pieces (1996),  was not only nominated for the Giller Prize, but also won the Trillium Prize, the Chapters/Books in Canada First Novel Award, The Beatrice and Martin Fischer Award (the main prize in the Jewish Book Awards), and England's prestigious Orange Prize. Previous to this success, she won the Commonwealth Prize for the Americas for the collection The Weight of Oranges (1986) and the Canadian Authors Association Award for Miner's Pond (1991). In 2007, Fugitive Pieces was made into a film. Her most recent novel is 2009’s The Winter Vault.

For more information about the Reading Series, please visit our blog, canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $154 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil  a investi 154 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.