Vincent Lam reads at St Jerome's! 19 March, 8pm

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 13 17:16:40 EDT 2013

What do emergency medicine and fiction writing have in common? More than you might think! And who could take on both as simultaneous careers? Vincent Lam.
We are delighted to welcome Dr Lam as part of this year's series, on our theme of the intersections of literature and science.
Please join us Tuesday, 19 March, at 8pm, in the St Jerome's Community Centre.

The opening act will be Kenzie Reid.

More about the featured author:
Vincent Lam is a practicing physician whose first book of short stories, Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures, won the 2006 Scotiabank Giller Prize, and has recently been adapted for television and broadcast on HBO Canada. His first novel, The Headmaster’s Wager, was a finalist for the 2012 Governor General's Award. Lam is from the expatriate Chinese community of Vietnam, and was born in Canada. He is a Lecturer with the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of Toronto. He has also worked in international air evacuation and expedition medicine on Arctic and Antarctic ships.

For more information about the Reading Series, please visit our blog, <http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.com> canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca/>
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $154 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil  a investi 154 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.