Gender & Feminist Researchers Luncheon

Mary Synnott msynnott at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 27 13:30:28 EDT 2013

Gender and Feminist Researchers Luncheon
Sponsored by Women's Studies at UW
Thursday, 18 April 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM
MC 5158

Event Details

Many researchers on campus consider questions that are feminist in nature or that employ gender as a category of analysis, yet seldom have opportunities to engage with colleagues who are doing such work outside of our own departments.  Consequently, we are missing an excellent opportunity to network and consider research collaborations with colleagues from outside disciplines. Although some of us have specific colleagues we have encountered serendipitously, many others would appreciate the opportunity to interact with the specific intention of discussing research collaborations. With this goal in mind, Women's Studies is interested in serving as a hub through which researchers can connect meaningfully with one another.  We have many ideas about how we might facilitate such collaborations from hosting research workshops, shared events, and opportunities to disseminate research, but we want to hear from you about what would be most useful.  Please join us for a lunch to discuss ways that we can collaborate on research initiatives across the campus.

Please go to the following website to register your attendance:  eventbrite.ca<http://researcherlunch.eventbrite.ca/>

Mary Synnott, Administrative Assistant
Women's Studies & Art Special Programs
Academic Advisor, Women's Studies & Management Studies
Hagey Hall Room 145
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G1