New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 13 14:45:37 EDT 2013

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

Please share!
A new issue of The Canadian Journal of Disability Studies is now live.

http://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/current

If you have a few minutes this weekend, please have a look at the first article in the issue, Kate Rossiter and Annalise Clarkson's "Opening Ontario’s “Saddest Chapter”: A Social History of Huronia Regional Centre." This article acts as a great primer for the historic class action lawsuit beginning this coming Monday in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Then, come back and read the other excellent articles in the issue as well, including:

Disability and Poverty: Stories that Resist Attitudinal Barriers to Inclusion
Randy Johner

Reflections on Personhood: Girls with Severe Disabilities and the Law
Sheila K. Jennings

Buying time: The S/pace of Advocacy and the Cultural Production of Autism
Anne E. McGuire

Commentary: When Bureaucracy and Policy Leave Ethics Behind: Our Nineteen-Day Battle with Alberta Health Services to Save Our (Independent) Lives
Heidi Janz

Review of Disability Politics & Theory by A.J. Withers
Jaime R. Brenes Reyes

As always, the CJDS is free, open access, and accessible.

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Associate Professor of English
University of Waterloo
Department of English
Hagey Hall of Humanities Building