New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 18 09:47:10 EST 2014

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

Please read and please share!

A new issue of The Canadian Journal of Disability Studies is now live: Vol 3, No 1 (2014).
http://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/current

This issue has some excellent reviews and articles:

Julie Robert -- Disabling Excess: Sacrificial Violence and Disability as Divine Punishment in Les Commettants de Caridad

Tracy Mack -- Psychiatric Survivors/Consumers Die and Nothing Is Done: An Examination of the Discriminatory Nature of the Ontario Coroner’s Act

Marianne Pieper and Jamal Haji Mohammadi -- Ableism and Racism: Barriers in the Labour Market

Diana L. Gustafson and Valerie Penton -- Access to Assistive Technology and Single Entry Point Programs

Amanda Ajodhia-Andrews -- “I don’t think I get bullied because I am different or because I have autism”: Bullying Experiences Among Middle Years Children with Disabilities and Other Differences

Kelly Fritsch reviews Sex and Disability by Robert McRuer & Anna Mollow

Ortal Meir reviews A Life Without Words [Motion Picture] by Adam Isenberg & Senem Tuzen

Mark Castrodale reviews The Question of Access: Disability, Space, Meaning by Tanya Titchkosky

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Associate Professor of English
University of Waterloo
Department of English
Hagey Hall of Humanities Building