Post-ac Careers and Grad Students' Skills. A workshop for faculty and grad students

Angela Rooke a2rooke at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 14 16:41:02 EDT 2015

You are invited to attend:

"The 'S' Word: A workshop, lunch and discussion for graduate students and faculty in Arts"

Arts graduate students have many valuable skills, but students and their supervisors rarely talk about them. When we do, we tend speak broadly about "research" or "teaching" skills.
This workshop, designed specifically for Arts graduate students and their faculty mentors, will help you identify, describe and demonstrate arts graduate students' most sought-after, industry-relevant skills. You will gain a better understanding of what skills employers are looking for and you'll learn how to demonstrate that Arts grad students have them.
Students and faculty will first work together to identify graduate students' skills, especially arts-relevant skills, and then will break off into separate faculty & student groups for a half-hour discussion. Lunch will be provided.

April 23 at Noon. EV3-4412

Please see the attached poster for more details and register here <https://strobe.uwaterloo.ca/cecs/cs/index.php?page=Public.ViewWorkshop&workshop=3063> by April 16th.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D076BA.0B27D9A0]

Angela Rooke, PhD
Graduate Professional Skills Coordinator, Centre for Career Action
TC 2238
University of Waterloo
519-888-4567 ext. 31040
a2rooke at uwaterloo.ca