UW Psych researcher Amy Yeung on MRAs at this month's W3

Shannon Dea sjdea at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 21 18:42:11 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

I'm emailing to let you know about the next W3, which will be of interest
to many people in Arts.

This month, Amy Yeung from the Department of Psychology will tell us about
her really fascinating new research on so-called "men's rights
associations" (MRAs).

Here's her title and abstract:

*Exploratory research on Men's Rights Activists (MRAs) on Reddit*

*Despite growing media attention about MRAs, there has been little research
conducted on MRAs and their attitudes. I will be discussing a study on
Reddit MRAs' and feminists' attitudes about women, men, gender issues, and
perceived status of gender relations.*

W3 (Waterloo Women's Wednesdays) is an informal organization of UW
woman-identified grad students, post-docs, staff and faculty. All
woman-identified UW grad students, post-docs, staff members and faculty
members are welcome to attend. We meet the last Wednesday of each month at
the Grad House for socializing, networking, and various presentations and
activities.

Our next W3 is Wednesday, April 29, 4-6 p.m. upstairs at the Grad House.
We'll spend the first hour chatting informally. Amy's talk starts at 5:00.

Please help to spread the word to any woman-identified colleagues who may
wish to attend.

If you're interested, you can subscribe to the W3 mailing list (at
https://lists.uwaterloo.ca/mailman/listinfo/w3) to stay up-to-date about
our coming events and to communicate with other W3ers. Or, join the W3
Facebook group at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterlooWomensWednesdays.W3/.

With best wishes,
Shannon Dea