La Conférence des Animaux - Performative Installation (Drama374)

Ceylan Turkeri cturkeri at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Dec 1 18:07:43 EST 2015

La Conférence des Animaux.
A Performative Installation by Students of Drama 374 (Sustainability in Performance)
GREAT HALL SLC — THURSDAY, DEC. 3 (4:20-5:30)

In one of the most crowded places on campus, the Great Hall SLC, the students of Drama 374 Sustainability in Performance, will convene to publicly negotiate a climate change deal that puts animals at the centre of the debate. They will give voice and represent the silent victims of our changing planet, the animals, but they will also use parody and satire to show our high-brow international regimes in a different light. We want to raise awareness among the student body for the Paris negotiations, which are about to begin, but we also want to engage in a dialogue with the complexity and absurdity of the process itself.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D12B81.7B50BF40]