Peace Camp 2015

Rachel Reist rreist at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 21 08:55:19 EDT 2015

Looking for a unique and exciting camp experience for your 11 to 14 year old?

Peace Camp is a summer day camp for youth aged 11-14 in Waterloo Region that uses a variety of instructional strategies to educate and empower youth to work for peace. Our program allows campers to gain knowledge of local and global issues while providing tangible skills to build peace in the world. We believe that peacemaking happens through observation, participation and reflection, all of which are key elements of our unique camp experience.

This year's theme is the Ripple Effect, teaching campers that our actions, no matter how small, impact those around us. Together, we will play, learn and grow as we examine avenues of peace in our local and global community. It is our goal to create awareness of social justice issues and to help youth develop into globally and multiculturally literate citizens.

No two days will be the same! Our days will be filled with:

  *   Games
  *   Sports
  *   Field Trips
  *   Community Members Presentations
  *   Peacebuilding Activities
  *   Crafts

Who: Youth aged 11-14
When: Monday August 10th to Friday August 14th
Where: Conrad Grebel University College
Cost (lunch included): $190/camper

For more information or to register online visit grebel.ca/peacecamp<https://uwaterloo.ca/grebel/campers/peace-camp>

Contact: Katie Gingerich - Peace Camp Coordinator
peacecamp at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:peacecamp at uwaterloo.ca>

________________________________
Rachel Reist
Undergraduate Academic and Administrative Officer & Field Studies/Internship Coordinator
Peace and Conflict Studies
Conrad Grebel University College - University of Waterloo
140 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G6
519-885-0220 ext. 24269
rreist at uwaterloo.ca

[grebel_signature_logo]

uwaterloo.ca/pacs

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy the original message.