New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies (Vol. 5 No. 1)

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 5 08:06:27 EST 2016

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

Various groundhogs saw their shadows, meaning that there will be nearly 300 more pages of terrific disability studies scholarship!

I am excited to announce that a new issue of The Canadian Journal of Disability Studies is now live:

http://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/14

Please read, download, share, and respond.

Thanks as always to Reviews Editor Dr. Jen Rinaldi and Assistant Editor and Social Media Editor Sarah Gibbons. Thanks to accessibility partner Accessibil-IT (http://accessible-it.com) and to George Lambrou for their work creating the most accessible PDF and HTML files possible.

Here is the table of contents:

Articles
Predictors of Employer-Sponsored Disability Accommodation Requesting in the Workplace
Katherine Breward
Containment, Conformity: Families, Institutions, and the Limits of Imagination
Madeline Burghardt
Searching for Persons with Disabilities in Canadian Provincial Office
Mario Levesque
The Disability Paradox: Better Opportunities Versus the Hardships of High-Achieving Disabled Women of Ethiopia
Belaynesh Tefera,	Marloes Van Engen
Divergent Encounters with Normal: Are They Really So Different After All?
Cynthia Bruce
Accessibility for Different Abilities: A Report
David Pererya
People with Disabilities and the Charter: Disability Rights at the Supreme Court of Canada Under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Mary Ann McColl, Rebecca Bond, David W. Shannon, Charles Shortt
Social Entrepreneurs with Disabilities: Exploring Motivational and Attitudinal Factors
Kate Caldwell,	Sarah Parker Harris, Maija Renko
Review of Earth, Animal, and Disability Liberation by Nocella, Bentley & Duncan
Cameron Butler
Review of The Capacity Contract by Simplican
Ally Day
Review of Kristeva’s Fiction by ed. Trigo
Anthony Easton
Review of Deaf Gain by Bauman & Murray
Tracey Edelist
Review of Psychiatry and the Business of Madness by Burstow
Jennifer Poole, Zachary Sera Grant, Katherina Yerro
Review of FIXED by Brashear
Hilda Smith
Review of Don’t Call Me Inspirational by Rousso
Samantha Walsh

Thanks as always for your support.

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies
Associate Professor of English
University of Waterloo
Department of English