Farzana Doctor reads at St Jerome's! 25 Nov 4:30pm

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 21 10:17:57 EST 2016

This Friday we welcome Farzana Doctor -- a novelist and a registered social worker -- for a fascinating reading to close Vol. 1 of our Journeys series (more Journeys in Vol. 2 in Winter term!)

Please join us at 4:30pm on Friday 25 November in SJ1 3027.

Opening act: Alys Reed

Farzana Doctor is a Toronto-based author of three novels: Stealing Nasreen, Six Metres of Pavement (which won a Lambda Literary Award and was short-listed for the Toronto Book Award) and the recently released All Inclusive. Farzana was named one of CBC Books’ “Ten Canadian Women Writers You Need to Read Now” (2012), was Voted Best Author in NOW Magazine’s 2015 Best of Toronto Readers’ Choice Poll and was the recipient of the Writers’ Trust of Canada’s Dayne Ogilvie Award (2011). She curates the Brockton Writers Series.

The reading is free and all are welcome! Please spread the word.

Visit us at http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca/>

We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $153 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil  a investi 153 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.