Philosophy Colloquium: Nov. 25, 2016

Vicki Brett vbrett at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 22 11:51:49 EST 2016

A Philosophy Colloquium will be held this Friday, November 25, 2016 at 2:30 pm in HH 334.

Frederic Bouchard<http://en.philo.umontreal.ca/repertoire-departement/vue/bouchard-frederic/>
Department of Philosophy
Universite de Montreal

Rethinking the Boundaries of Human Beings and Morality
Based on symbiosis and other 'exotic' biological examples, philosophers of biology have defined biological individuality beyond our common intuitions about individual organisms. I will explain why individual human beings should be understood as emergent multi-species individuals and how this should inform our views about morality and arguments concerning moral relativism.

https://uwaterloo.ca/philosophy/events/

Vicki Brett
Undergraduate Coordinator
Philosophy Department - HH 365
200 University Avenue W.
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
Tel:  519-888-4567  x32449
vbrett at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:vbrett at uwaterloo.ca>
[Email Logo - university-of-waterloo-logo-esig - Sept. 2014 - Resized Copy]