Fred Wah Reads at St Jerome's! Fri 21 Oct 4:30pm

Tristanne Connolly tristanne.connolly at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 17 11:15:47 EDT 2016

One of our favourite writers ever is back! Fred Wah gave a spectacular reading at St Jerome's several years ago -- if you were there, you'll remember and want to see him again, and if you weren't there, now's your chance!

Please join us at 4:30pm on Friday 21 October in SJ1 3027.

We continue our tradition of featuring local talent from SJU creative writing classes as opening acts. Opening for Fred Wah is Sammi Zhao!

Fred Wah was born in Swift Current, Saskatchewan in 1939, grew up in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia and now lives in Vancouver. His work has received many honours, including the Governor General’s Award. He was Parliamentary Poet Laureate from 2011 to 2013 and was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 2013. He has published over 20 books of poetry and prose, including Sentenced to Light (2008) and is a door (2009). A recent collaboration, High Muck a Muck: Playing Chinese, An Interactive Poem, is available online. His current project involves the Columbia River.

The readings are free and all are welcome, so please spread the word.

Visit us at http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca<http://canlitkicksass.blogspot.ca/>

We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $153 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
Nous remercions le Conseil des arts du Canada de son soutien. L’an dernier, le Conseil  a investi 153 millions de dollars pour mettre de l’art dans la vie des Canadiennes et des Canadiens de tout le pays.