NEW! Special Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies: 6.3 Institutional Survivorship

dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 21 09:10:51 EDT 2017

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I am very excited to announce a special issue of the CJDS on the topic of "Institutional Survivorship."

This issue is now live: http://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/20/showToc

Please read, download, share, and respond.

Thanks as always to Assistant Editor and Social Media Editor Sarah Gibbons. Thanks to accessibility partner Accessibil-IT (http://accessibilit.com) and to Geoffrey Salisi for their work creating the most accessible PDF and HTML files possible.

Here is the table of contents:

Foreword
Institutional Survivorship Editorial Introduction
Jen Rinaldi, Kate Rossiter, Liza Kim Jackson

Oral Histories
Trauma From the Past
Carrie Ford, Kate Rossiter

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It
Cindy Scott, Jen Rinaldi

Self-Advocacy from the Ashes of the Institution
Sue Hutton, Peter Park, Martin Levine, Shay Johnson, Kosha Bramesfeld

Autoethnographies
Failure to Comply: Madness and/as Testimony
Clementine Morrigan

Unheard Voices: Sisters Share about Institutionalization
Madeline Burghardt, Victoria Freeman, Marilyn Dolmage, Colleen Orick

Articles
Institutional Survivorship: Abandonment and the “Machinery of the Establishment”
Madeline Burghardt

Writing Institutionalization and Disability in the Canadian Culture Industry: (Re)producing (Absent) Story
Chelsea Temple Jones

Escaping “The Organism, Signifiance, and Subjectification” in the Recounting Huronia Project
David Fancy

Creative Works
apology, under erasure
nancy viva davis halifax

Soundfull: A Wall Speaks, A Door Shakes, A Floor Trembles
Marla Hlady, Christof Migone

Thanks as always for your support!

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies
Associate Professor of English
University of Waterloo
Department of English
224 Hagey Hall of Humanities Building
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x31035
Fax: 519 746 5788
dolmage at uwaterloo.ca

If you have an accommodation need for a planned meeting, please e-mail me directly and I will do my best to make appropriate arrangements.  Should you require any materials sent via this e-mail address in an alternate/accessible format, please let me know.