One-Click Jupyter Notebooks Available for Faculty, Staff, Students

Ian Milligan i2millig at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Feb 15 14:52:27 EST 2017

Hi everybody –

I just wanted to pass along a quick note about a new service that's now
available to UW faculty, staff, and students. The Pacific Institute for the
Mathematical Sciences <http://www.pims.math.ca/> and Compute Canada
<https://www.computecanada.ca/> have teamed up to provide interactive
computing notebooks to Canadian researchers at a host of universities
across the country. These are Jupyter notebooks <http://jupyter.org/> for
Python (2 and 3), R, and Julia.

We've worked with ITS to let you sign into the system using your Waterloo
credentials.

Anyways, if you or your classes are interested, you can find more
information – or can dive right in – at https://uwaterloo.syzygy.ca/.

If you run into any issues, problems, etc., please let me know and I can
pass comments back to the team.

Many thanks and all the best,

Ian

--