FW: Special Event: "Room Enough for Hope: Canada’s Response to the Refugee Crisis" - with Dr. Mary Jo Leddy

Wendy Philpott wphilpott at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 23 11:14:29 EST 2017

On March 3rd, Conrad Grebel University College, will be hosting well-known social activist, writer, and theologian, Dr. Mary Jo Leddy<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Leddy> on our campus as the guest speaker for our annual Sawatsky Lecture Series<https://uwaterloo.ca/grebel/events/lecture-series/rod-and-lorna-sawatsky-visiting-scholar>.

Dr. Leddy is known for her work with refugees, and is the founder and director of Romero House in Toronto. She is author of The Other Face of God: When the Stranger Calls Us Home (2011) and Our Friendly Local Terrorist (2010), among many other publications. She is also an adjunct professor at Regis College, and an Honorary Fellow at the University of St. Michael’s College, both at University of Toronto.

Dr. Leddy’s talk is a timely message entitled Room Enough for Hope: Canada’s Response to the Refugee Crisis.  Please pass this email along to anyone you think might be interested in attending (the lecture and reception are free).  I have also attached a copy of our poster which you may hang at your discretion.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D28DC5.FFE99EA0]

Thank you for your interest and support.

Sincerely,
Birgit G. Moscinski
Administrative Assistant to the Dean and Academic Program

Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Road, North, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G6
Phone: (519) 885-0220 x24265     Fax: (519) 885-0014
www.grebel.ca<http://www.grebel.ca/>
[grebel_signature_logo]<http://uwaterloo.ca/grebel>

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy the original message.