For Action: refugee relief opportunities

Andrea Charette andrea.charette at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Mar 3 14:22:14 EST 2017

Greetings Arts Colleagues!

In December 2015, you responded generously to a call for donations of items to refugee relief kits and financial support of agencies such as Mennonite Coalition for Refugee Support - THANK YOU!

If the global refugee crisis continues to concern you, please consider taking action on any or all of these items in the upcoming week:

*       EDUCATE:  attend tonight's public lecture: Room Enough For Hope: Canada's Response to the Refugee Crisis | Public Lecture by Dr. Mary Jo Leddy<https://uwaterloo.ca/events/events/room-enough-hope-canadas-response-refugee-crisis-public>; I hope that you have seen this advertised through the Daily Bulletin in recent weeks, and that this is already in your calendar.

*       SHOP:  purchase and donate a onesie or sleeper (3-9 months size) to be included in two bales of Infant Care Kits<https://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/kits/infant> that MCC will shipping overseas this spring to distribute to families with infants in refugee camps; and let me make this easy - drop it off to me in PAS 2404 and I will ensure it gets to MCC for the shipment.

*       DONATE:  make a financial donation to Mennonite Coalition for Refugee Support<https://www.mcrs.ca/>, a local agency (and registered charity, for tax credit purposes) that supports asylum seekers through the process of making a claim for refugee status.

Many, many thanks for your support of those in need.

Andrea