Berlin 2017, a Fine Arts / Germanic & Slavic co-production

James Skidmore skidmore at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 16 12:15:09 EDT 2017

Hello good people!

Joan Coutu (Fine Arts) and I recently concluded a course on the visual culture of Berlin. 26 students met with us for regular classes in January and February, and then we all went to Berlin for Reading Week to get a closer look at this dynamic city.

Students were required to put together travelogues of their trip, and these are now on display at two locations:

·         On the mezzanine level (i.e. the landing between the two staircases) of the Hagey Hub;

·         In East Campus Hall next to the Artery Gallery.

I’ve attached a snazzy panoramic photo of the Hagey Hub display to this message, but it hardly does the students’ creativity and hard work justice – stop by and see the journals for yourself. The displays will be up until Monday (20 March) or so.

Carry on,
Joan and Skid

[cid:image001.png at 01D29E4E.F2772D20]

--
James M. Skidmore
Germanic & Slavic Studies/Faculty of Arts

skidmore at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:skidmore at uwaterloo.ca>
519.888.4567, x33687