Vimy, 2017: Just what are celebrating? A History as it Happens talk

Anne Leask anne.leask at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 29 16:47:27 EDT 2017

Just a quick reminder about tomorrow's talk in the History as it Happens series-the last one for the Winter term:

Vimy at 100 with Professor Geoff Hayes<https://uwaterloo.ca/history/events/vimy-100-just-what-are-we-celebrating-history-it-happens>

Vimy, 2017: Just what are celebrating? The Birth of A Nation; or are we falling into the Vimy Trap? This talk employs digital technology so that we can explore the Battle and its legacy through a set of political, military, as well as cultural 'filters.'

Can a new map of Vimy Ridge help us understand this event in new ways?

When: Thursday 30 March, 12:00 to 1:00
Where: HH 150

Coffee is provided; please feel free to bring your lunch!