New Issue of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies (Vol. 6 No. 4)

Jay Dolmage dolmage at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 24 08:53:26 EST 2017

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

Are you hungry for some Canadian disability studies research?

I am excited to announce that a new issue of The Canadian Journal of Disability Studies is now live: http://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/21

Please read, download, share, and respond.

Thanks as always to Reviews Editor Dr. Jen Rinaldi and Assistant Editor and Social Media Editor Jeff Preston. Thanks to accessibility partner Accessibil-IT (http://accessibilit.com) and to Geoffrey Salisi for their work creating the most accessible PDF and HTML files possible.

Here is the table of contents:

Articles

Repetition
Elizabeth Dauphinee

Population Aging and the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
Don Kerr,	Tracy Smith-Carrier, Juyan Wang, Dora Tam, Siu Ming Kwok

Individual, Organizational, and Institutional Predictors of the Granting of Employer-sponsored Disability Accommodations
Katherine Breward

Mobilisation Des Ressources De Soutien Formel Des Parents Immigrants D’un Enfant En Situation De Handicap
Carine Bétrisey, Chantal Desmarais, Sylvie Tétreault, Geneviève Piérart

Confronting the Stigma of Leisure
Kenneth Mobily, Emily Rudzinski

The Theory of Intersectionality: A New Lens for Understanding the Barriers Faced by Autistic Women
Amanda Saxe

RelationCRIPs with Dramaturgy: The Intervention of the Dramaturge in Devised CRIP Theatre
Tonya Rae Chrystian

Reviews

Review of Greenwald, B. H., & Murray, J. J. (Eds.), "In Our Own Hands: Essays in Deaf History, 1780-1970."
Sandy R. Barron

Review of Diedrich, L. (2017), "Indirect Action: Schizophrenia, Epilepsy, AIDS and the Course of Health Activism"
Ally Day

Review of Hill Collins, P., & Bilge, S. (2016), "Intersectionality"
Chelsea Jones

Review of Russo, J. & Sweeney, A. (Eds.) (2016), "Searching for a Rose Garden: Challenging Psychiatry, Fostering Mad Studies"
Andrea Nicki

Review of Samuels, E. (2014), "Fantasies of Identification: Disability, Gender, Race"
Nevena Stojanovic

Thanks as always for your support.

Jay

Jay Dolmage, Ph.D
Editor, Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies
Associate Professor of English
University of Waterloo
Department of English
224 Hagey Hall of Humanities Building
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: 519 888 4567 x31035
Fax: 519 746 5788
dolmage at uwaterloo.ca

If you have an accommodation need for a planned meeting, please e-mail me directly and I will do my best to make appropriate arrangements.  Should you require any materials sent via this e-mail address in an alternate/accessible format, please let me know.