Invitation to Games Institute Open House - Thursday, Dec 14, 3:30-5:30pm

Neil Randall neil.randall at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 27 14:39:41 EST 2017

Hi, everyone.

You’re invited to the Games Institute Open House on Thursday, December 14th from 3:30pm-5:30pm in our facility in EC1. Please come if you can!

The Open House this year is to thank the Faculty of Arts for its founding support and to celebrate graduation to our new status as University Research Centre. It is simultaneously an opportunity for you to learn more about the scope of games-related research that students from multiple disciplines conduct here. We'll be showcasing some of the GI research projects and playtesting some recently developed games, and, if you wish, you can play some favourite video and board games while enjoying refreshments (and yes, there will be cake). Beginning at 4:00pm, we’ll have opening remarks from Dr. Charmaine Dean, VPUR and Douglas Peers, Dean of Arts.

Please RSVP here - https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/december-open-house-at-the-games-institute-tickets-39935506174  - and please extend the invitation to any interested colleagues.

Finally, please consider bringing toys and/or games for our donation to the Salvation Army’s Toy Drive.

Thank you,
Neil Randall

Neil F. Randall, PhD - neil.randall at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:neil.randall at uwaterloo.ca>
Director, The Games Institute – http://games.uwaterloo.ca<http://games.uwaterloo.ca/>
Director, IMMERSe Research Network - immerse-network.com
Associate Professor, Department of English - uwaterloo.ca/english/people-profiles/neil-randall
University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON - uwaterloo.ca
519-888-4567 x30134 (o) - 519-502-3055 (c) - @nrandall
I acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of ‎ the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.